Take a look at our range of first aid training courses for both workplace and school environments. Each course is tailor made, and includes different requirements to suit your personal or business needs.
This accredited, comprehensive 3-day course provides knowledge on how to deal with emergency situations with confidence in a safe, prompt, and effective way in the workplace.
Looking to become a qualified Emergency First Aider? This course provides training for a wide range of scenarios, and will give you the knowledge and ability to administer First Aid in the workplace at a level recommended by the HSE.
This course will provide you with the knowledge and certification to provide First Aid care to children and infants. It meets all the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage. (EYFS).
This course covers action to be taken in the event of an emergency including CPR, defibrillation, shock, choking, bleeding and bites/stings. Extended version includes training on the recognition and immediate treatment of a wide range of childhood illnesses and conditions.
Course Aims and Learning Outcomes:
Unit 1: Emergency Paediatric First Aid
1. Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
2. Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
3. Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who are unresponsive
4. Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who are choking
5. Be able to provide first aid to an infant or a child with external bleeding
6. Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child who is suffering from shock
7. Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child with bites, stings and minor injuries
Unit 2: Managing paediatric illness, injuries and emergencies
1. Be able to administer first aid to an infant or a child with suspected injuries to bones, muscles and joints
2. Be able to provide first aid to an infant or a child with suspected head and spinal injuries
3. Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child with conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose
4. Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child with an acute medical condition or sudden illness.
5. Know how to provide first aid to an infant and a child who is experiencing extremes of body temperature.
6. Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child who has sustained an electric shock
7. Know how to administer first aid to an infant or a child with burns or scalds
8. Know how to administer first aid to an infant or a child with suspected poisoning
9. Be able to provide first aid to an infant or child with anaphylaxis
Amazing lady with the ability to teach all learning levels
My daughter at the age of 16 wanted to do the paediatric course but was very nervous to do this on her own, Paula made Lauren feel very welcome with her calm, warming, funny personality, she had built my daughters confidence to participate and pass the paediatric course, I can’t thank her enough for the time and care she had taken to enable my daughter to do this, I would recommend her to anyone, you will not be disappointed.
First Aid Qualification
Have had experience of both training in a personal qualification and as part of an organisation. Well organised, excellent communication. Very good content.
Business Response 18 May 2020
Thankyou for your kind words Caroline.
The best 12hr pediatric first aid training around
I wouldn't go to anybody else for our first aid training. Have used this company for several years for 12hr pediatric first aid training for a pre-school. Myself and all the staff members that have been trained on this course have always found this an enjoyable training course and that is due to trainer. The course is taken over two days and the company have always found a way to accommodate us, usually over weekends. As with all Pre-schools and nurseries it is difficult to take time out when in session. The course is presented in a relaxed atmosphere whereby the trainer makes the training enjoyable and I have to say funny which makes learning so much easier. The theory work is well presented and easy to take in and the practical training is extremely well resourced so that all delegates are able to participate is every aspect. Training has always been well timed and certification has always been provided at the end of the course. Would highly recommend this company.
Business Response 18 May 2020
Thank you for your kind words. For up to date legislation during this challenging time, please check out my website www.abacusprofessionaltraining.co.uk or contact me direct.
We are currently offering Blended learning courses at £80 per person. 6 hrs of in class practical training followed by 6 hrs online. Practical classes are restricted to 4 to maintain a safe working environment, and a fully approved risk assessment in place to minimise cross infection.
Yes, you can with Abacus Professional Training complete half of your course using video online training and then complete day two locally at your workplace or in one of our nationwide
centres. By completing the Paediatric First Aid Level 3 course in a blended format, means you only attend one day in the class for Trade body or regulated qualifications.
Yes, when you complete the online course you will be able to download and print a compliant completion certificate, evidenced-based learning statement to confirm course content. There is no extra charge for the certificate. You can also buy a printed certificate to be posted to you for a small extra fee.
Sign up to hear from us.